How to Use MyMathHero
- June 3, 2020
- Posted by: MyMathsHero
- Category: Math
If you need more personalized help, chat us on Whatsapp.
MyMathsHero is Nigeria’s largest selection of mathematics lessons. It allows students to choose any topic from any senior secondary school class to access online video lessons and quizzes and new additions are published every week.
The platform contains 680 video lessons covering all mathematics topics in senior secondary, 1920 question and answer lessons, 6000 questions compiled into 64 quizzes to help a student gauge their exam readiness, and 2000 past JAMB questions.
Our online learning platform is designed to allow users to stream video lessons without internet data.
- Unlimited practices: the platform is designed to allow users to practice any lesson as many times as they want
- Interactive environment: our user-friendly interface and interactive instructors ensure that students can learn in a non-threatening environment.
- Minimal Data Usage: our platform deploys a cutting-edge technology that ensures that users minimize data when streaming any lesson. While streaming the lessons, the platform automatically backs the streamed content online for offline uses. This means that a user doesn’t require data to practice any lesson after first use.
- Unlimited content: our platform houses the largest number of mathematics learning content you can find anywhere in the country as of today and the platform is updated on daily basis.
- Quizzes: each topic in SS 1 and SS 2 contains a quiz of 50 questions while SS 3 contains a quiz of 100 questions. The quizzes are designed to help the learners test their competence in real-time as they learn. At the end of each quiz, the platform grades the students, submit a copy of the score to us for scholarship purposes, and gives the student the option to check the correct answers and workings. A student can take a quiz an unlimited number of times.
- Scholarship: Active users who consistently pass their quizzes at the end of each lesson stand a chance to qualify for the MathHero Scholarship
- Learning Support Group: our Facebook group brings like-minds together to support each other’s learning progress. Join here https://www.facebook.com/groups/themathherogang/
At the moment, MyMathsHero supports 5 learning plan and 1 plan for Affiliate
- Starting Plan (N895): This plan allows only 2-month access to the learning platform. Subscribers to this plan can select any 2 topics of their choices from any class. Subscribers will also have unlimited access to all the quizzes and questions and answers that are attached to the selected topic. The plan expires after 2 months.
- Exam Preparation (N2,300): the plan gives users access to 1 exam preparation package [SS1 – SS3 (SSCE/JAMB)]. Each package contains all the questions and answers in that class both in quiz and lesson formats. For instance, the SS 3 package contains 300 JAMB/SSCE questions and answers video lessons, JAMB Practice papers (containing 2000 past questions and answers in a quiz format and SSCE Practice Papers (containing 2200 past questions and answers arranged topic-by-topic of 100 questions each). This package is updated every day. The plan expires after 4 months.
- One-Term Plan (N2,500): The One-Term Plan gives you access to the platform for a period of 4 months. It allows you to add any 6 math topics of your choice to your dashboard. During this period, you will have unlimited access to the lessons and all the questions and answers relating to the topics you selected. After using it for the first time, you don’t need data to learn any topic again.
- Two-Term Plan (N4,500): The Two Terms Plan gives you access to the platform for a period of 8 months. It allows you to add any 12 math topics of your choice to your dashboard. During this period, you will have unlimited access to the lessons and all the questions and answers relating to the topics you selected. After using it for the first time, you don’t need data to learn any topic again.
- One-Session Plan (N6,500): The One-Session Plan gives you access to the platform for a period of 12 months- (one year). It allows you to add all the math topics in your class to your dashboard plus exam package plan. During this period, you will have unlimited access to all the lessons on each topic-(about 22 topics) and all the questions and answers relating to the topics you selected. After using it for the first time, you don’t need data to learn any topic again.
HOW TO BUY A PLAN
It takes a few steps to complete a transaction of the platform. Follow the steps below when buying a plan on MyMathsHero.
- Buy a Plan: On the homepage, click on Buy a Plan and select any plan that you believe will work for you.
- Select Payment Option: Select your preferred payment option, either offline or online payment.
- Checkout with Rave: For online payment, fill in your details, select a password that you can always remember, enter your debit card details, then click CHECKOUT WITH RAVE to securely complete your transaction.
- Update your information: Click the ENTER ACCOUNT button to log in to your dashboard and update your information.
- Add courses to your dashboard: After updating your profile, navigate the home page, and click ADD TOPICS, select your class. From the list of topics, click on any topic of your choice, select ENROLL WITH MEMBERSHIP to use your quota to add the topic to your dashboard.
This will automatically add the topic to your dashboard. Go to your dashboard from the menu bar and start learning.
NOTE: Repeat step 4 to add more topics until you exhaust your plan quota.
- Fill the form: fill and submit the form, then make a bank a bank transfer to the account that will be displayed on the confirmation page.
Your account will be activated immediately we confirm your bank transfer and we will guide you on how to add your preferred lessons to your dashboard.
HOW TO TAKE A LESSON
To take a lesson you need to add that lesson to your dashboard. You can use your existing quota to add the lesson or upgrade to a higher plan if you have exhausted yours.
All the lessons you add will appear on the front page of your dashboard, just click START COURSE to start learning immediately.
You can pause a lesson whenever you get tired and can continue from that point later. Click on the CONTINUE button to start learning from where you stopped.
Each topic contains about 10 lessons. The virtual classroom is designed to be simple and direct. To navigate through the lessons, click on the icon labeled 1 in the screenshot below
Use the icon labeled 2 to ask the instructors questions and use the icon labeled 3 to mark a topic as completed after taking all the 10 lessons. When you click on icon 1, all the lessons within a topic will be displayed as shown below. This is intended for easy navigation through the topic.
At the end of each topic, there is always a quiz and usually runs for 90 minutes. Take them to test your competence in real-time. You can re-take a quiz as many times as possible.
The pass mark for each quiz is set at 80%. The system grades after submission and a student can retake as many times as possible.