Improve Competency with MyMathsHero
In this topic, we cover the revision of the following: Fraction, ratio and proportion, simple and compound interest, matric and latitude and longitude, sets and others. At the end of this topic, students should understand the following among other things:
- Theory of logarithm,
- Use and apply laws of logarithm to simplify and evaluate given expressions without the use of logarithm tables,
- Use log tables for calculation
- Express statements given in index form as an equivalent logarithm statement,
- Understand the equivalence between the laws of indices and the laws of logarithm.
- Use the simple and compound interest formulae,
- Calculate the simple and compound interest on a given principal at a given rate over a given period of time,
- Understand the use and definition of lines of longitude and latitude on the surface of the Earth,
Ans among others.