Improve Competency with MyMathsHero
Equations and inequalities are both mathematical sentences formed by relating two expressions to each other. In an equation the two expressions are deemed equal which is shown by the symbol =. … If the statement is true the number is a solution to the equation or inequality.
In this topic, we cover the revision of the following: Linear equations, algebraic function, differentiation and integration.
At the end of this topic, students should understand the following among other things
- Recall previous knowledge of algebraic functions and calculus
- How to solve quadratic equations using factorization, completing the square, the quadratic formula, and graphical methods,
- Transform word problems into quadratic and linear equations that may be solved algebraically,
- Find the gradient function of a simple quadratic curve and hence find the gradient of the curve at a given point,
- Apply different calculus to determine: rates of change including gradients, velocity and acceleration; turning points on a curve and curve sketching,